Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Why sandwich?!?


One day I was enjoying the Subway's  Tuna sandwich' after a long time. My daughter asked me, "Amma, What are you eating?". I said, "It's a sandwich. Do u want to try it?" She said, "No!" and few seconds later, "Amma, Why it's called a sandwich?". I was surprised by her question, because of all these days I never thought about it. I said, "I'll tell u after I finish it!". Simultaneously I googled, 'Why sandwich is called sandwich?' 


The story of sandwich:
It seems like John Montagu, 4th earl of sandwich was very hungry. He doesn't want to mess his hands while gambling and asked to serve meat in between 2 slices of bread. Since he had the title, 'Earl of sandwich' it got it's name.

P.S. The picture is my very own Tuna Sandwich

No comments:

Free Hit Counter